NSW Workshops for Application Writing & Interview
These workshops are ideal for teachers aspiring to the level of:
- Permanent Classroom Teacher
- Head Teacher
- Assistant Principal
- Deputy Principal
At our highly interactive Promotions positions workshops, you will:
- Develop a clear understanding of the process of preparing a top quality written application with an eye-catching résumé (CV) ;
- Learn how to effectively present the six general criteria and understand how to maximise the impact of the all-important position criteria;
- Understand the key focus points of the NSW Leadership Capability Framework and learn how to integrate these, together with other key documents such as NSW DoE Strategic Plan, key reforms Local Schools Local Decisions, Great Teaching Inspired Learning, Every Student, Every School and the NSW Quality Teaching Framework into your criteria; and
- Gain some excellent hints and ideas for preparing for the all-important interview, including first-hand experience at a mock-interview with a question tailored specifically for you, at the level to which you aspire.
They comprise two sessions:
In the morning you will learn how to present your résumé, general criteria and position criteria. You’ll develop understanding of layout, style and impactful language. We discuss the presentation of outcomes, the belief statement and the all-important Potential Statement – the panel’s window to see what potential you can bring to the school.
In the afternoon session, you will learn valuable strategies for maximising your interview performance – including vital tips for preparation and winning strategies for closing the interview effectively. You’ll take part in a mock-interview before a panel of three, with immediate feedback. This is an ideal launching pad to help you refine your interview performance and turn it into a winning presentation.
The price includes GST, lunch, follow-up support and advice.
We can also invoice your school rather than take payment online. Please telephone 0411245415 for this option.
Saturday 08 Dec 2018
10am - 4pm
This workshop is suitable for
- Teachers applying for promotions positions in NSW public schools
- Casual or temporary teachers seeking permanency
The workshops will guide you through the entire process of developing your written criteria and preparing for the interview. You will learn the most effective way of developing your school-specific (position) criteria, and (for promotional aspirants) the six general criteria.
A key part of the workshop is the mock interview at which participants receive a question specifically individualised to suit their circumstances, and receive immediate feedback from a small "panel" of three. The workshop will also show you how to incorporate the key NSW reform documents and the school's three Strategic Priorities 2018 - 2020 into your selection criteria.
Previous participants' feedback has indicated that this is a truly outstanding, user-friendly workshop, and all participants receive 6 hours' NESA accreditation.